Adhirasam Recipe – How to make Athirasam | அதிரசம் செய்முறை
Adhirasam is a traditional sweet dish which will be done for most of the Indian festivals. A Very delicious sweet made with rice flour and jaggery.
Raw Rice(Maavu Pacharisi) – 1 cup
Jaggery(Paagu Vellam) – 3/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Cardamom crushed – from 1/2
Sesame seeds – 1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
- The rice should be damp and not dry while grinding
- The flour can be fine or slightly coarse
- The ground rice flour should be immediately mixed with syrup into dough.
- “Paagu Vellam” is important and do not use any other type of jaggery.
- The string consistency is very important. Do not miss it. Cook over low flame as it will make checking easier.
- You can prepare the dough well in advance as it keeps good in room temperature for a fourdays or 1 week.
- Always cook adhirasam over low flame